Laser Hair Removal
Try out the perfect way to get rid of your unwanted hair permanently.A beam of light is passed through your skin to destroy your hair follicles with great precision,without causing any damage to your surrounding skin.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a process by which unwanted hair is removed by beaming highly concentrated laser light into hair follicles. This light is then absorbed by the pigments present in the hair follicles, thereby destroying the hair follicles permanently. It is one of the most common treatments people go for, to enhance their appearances be free of unwanted hair in a quick and permanent way. The dermatology community has accepted the efficacy and safety of Laser Hair Removal Treatment.
Why go for Laser Hair Removal?
Compared to various other methods of hair removal such as shaving, waxing or tweezing, Laser Hair Removal gives permanent results. Although it might work out expensive initially, it can prove to be very cost-effective in long term. Going for sophisticated treatments administered by experienced specialists will help you avoid any kind of side effects of risks. The benefits of Laser Hair Removal include:
- Laser technology can be used to remove unwanted hair from any part of your body including but not limited to your face, bikini line, underarms, arms or legs.
- The treatment involves great precision in selectively removing dark or coarse hairs, without causing any damage to the surrounding skin
- A lot of hair can be removed within a fraction of a second through laser hair removal. While small areas like upper lip may take about a minute, larger areas such as the legs or the back may take about an hour or so.
- In about four to seven sessions, you will see that you can get rid of your hair permanently.
Is it Right for you?
Before you decide to go for laser hair removal it is important to find out if you are eligible for this treatment. Though most people can go in for this treatment, there are a few for whom this treatment may not work as intended. These include:
- Pregnant women: Though laser will no way harm the baby inside, pregnant woman cannot go in for laser hair removal treatment only because they are very much hormonal. They might find it painful as they may be more sensitive to pain during this stage and being hormonal may result in negating the effects of such treatment.
- People who have gray, red or blonde hair all over: Such pigments may not be picked up by laser which is why laser hair removal treatment may be ineffective for such people.
- People who are exposed to the sun within a month before the laser hair removal treatment: Unprotected exposure to sun would mean deposits of melanin underneath the surface of your skin. If this goes undetermined before administering the treatment, you may suffer from burns or blisters after the treatment. So in case you want to go for this treatment it is better to avoid sun exposure a month before the date of treatment.
- People who have tattoos done on their body: When the laser hits a tattoo pigment it might turn it completely black and even cause a blister. This might not only spoil your tattoo but also damage the surface of your skin. This also applies for cosmetic treatments done on your body.
In case you have keloidal tendencies, Dr. Rashmi will take a call on the laser hair removal treatment after evaluating your condition. It is better to avoid waxing, plucking or electrolysis for at least six weeks before you go in for the laser hair removal treatment to improve its effectiveness. However, you can shave or apply depilatory creams as these treatments do not work on the roots.
How it works?
Laser hair removal treatment is administered in the following way:
- Firstly, the area that is to be treated is cleansed thoroughly.
- Then a numbing gel is applied to the area which will reduce the sensitiveness of the skin in that area. In about half an hour or one hour the area will become completely numb.
- The patient is then taken to a special room that is set up for laser treatments. The people in the room need to wear protective eyewear throughout the procedure. The skin of the specified area is held taut before it is treated with laser. These laser pulses usually feel like a few warm pinpricks or as if a rubber band is snapped against your skin.
- Once the follicles are thus destroyed, the hair is removed by the laser through vaporization. This might emit smoke that smells like sulfur.
How long this will take will depend upon the area that is to be treated. You may need a couple of sessions (3 to 7) to make sure the results are permanent.
Latest and Advanced Laser Hair Removal Equipment:
Although your skin may be red or swollen after the laser treatment, you may still go back to your daily activities almost instantly. You may want to apply a cold compress for a while to reduce your discomfort. However, in order to avoid any kind of side effects, you need to make sure:
- You avoid being exposed to sunlight
- You do not use any kind of tanning equipment including a sun lamp or tanning bed
- You follow all the instructions given to you by the dermatologist
You can start seeing results almost immediately and can expect anywhere between 10% and 25% reduction in your hair once you have undergone the first session of treatment. Once you finish all the sessions that are recommended, you will not see any hair growth on the treated skin for months or years. Whenever you do see some hair growth, it will be a lot lesser, with light colored and finer hair.
Side Effects and Risks:
Although laser hair removal treatment is relatively safer, there are certain common side effects such as:
However, these are really minor and may reduce in one or two days.
As long as you choose an experienced and qualified dermatologist such as Dr. Rashmi, you may not come across any kind of risks. However, going to an inexperienced dermatologist who may not use the equipment in the right way may lead to certain possible side effects such as:
- Skin lightening or darkening (either temporary or permanent)
- Cold sores or Herpes simplex outbreaks
Before and After:
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi, a qualified and well-experienced dermatologist, at Bangalore offers 100% effective hair removal treatments using sophisticated Laser technology. She has a dedicated team of specialists under her that works towards giving you a clean and neat appearance devoid of any kind of side effects or risks. This treatment can be used to remove unwanted hair from face, arms, underarms, legs, bikini line or any other area in your body. Within a few safe and comfortable sessions, you can get rid of your unwanted hair permanently.
Dr. Rashmi and team have performed laser hair removal treatments on many patients in Bangalore and all of them are extremely satisfied with our services. They are still enjoying the long-lasting results of the treatment. Most of them have come back to us for other treatments as they have developed confidence in our services. They have heartily appreciated the friendliness with which we serve them and have developed long-term relationships with us. You can read some of their reviews on our testimonials page. This will give you a first-hand idea of what you can expect from us.
Watch the Video Testomonial :
The amount that you have to spend on laser hair removal treatment depends totally on the area that you want to be treated and the number of sessions you may have to undergo. You can give us a call and book an appointment to avail a free consultation session, during which you will know the exact cost of the treatment. This might seem expensive at the first look. Nevertheless, you need to remember that the effects are permanent. For instance, if waxing is the treatment you have been undergoing for removing unwanted hair, you may be spending about Rs.750 per month for full legs and underarms. This will work out at Rs.9000 per year. Between 25 to 40 years of age, you would have spent about Rs.1,35,000. In contrast to this you will be spending about Rs.80,000 for a year of Laser Hair Removal treatment for full legs and underarms that includes about 7 to 8 sessions. You may need to go for maintenance once in every two or three years which may not cost you much. Therefore, in the long run you will find laser hair removal treatment cost-effective.