There are multiple options when it comes to getting rid of unwanted hair from your face. The most common ones are tweezing, threading, waxing and shaving. A woman does resort to at least one of these methods to make sure her face looks presentable at all times. However, all of these will have to be done on a regular basis, which does require some time off your busy schedule. If you want to get rid of your unwanted hair for good, there is only one safe method – laser hair removal.
Before going into the details, let us check out the pros and cons of all the methods of hair removal:
Waxing is among the most popular methods of hair removal when it comes to face. Two types of wax exists for waxing – the hard wax which is used mainly on sensitive areas and soft wax, which works well on areas that can tolerate a little tug and pull such as legs, underarms and face.
- Quick Results
- Hair re-growth becomes finer
- The effects last from six to eight weeks
- It can be painful and can make your skin very tender
- Hair has to grow up to 1 cm at least before going for the next session
- Can cause redness and even bleeding
- The ingredients in wax may have some allergens in some cases
The technique of threading was developed in Middle East and it is on its way to become one of the fastest and best hair removal techniques in the world. It involves a cotton thread that is pulled in a twisting motion to trap the unwanted hair and lift it out of its follicle.
- Threading can help you get rid of the smallest and finest hair with great ease
- It does not leave the area red and swollen
- It can help you get a very sharp eyebrow that is defined
- It is very quick and takes only about three to five minutes
- It can last from six to ten weeks
- The hair that grows back will be very fine
- Can be painful
- This requires a mandatory salon visit, for which you may also need to take an appointment
Tweezing involves the use of tweezer to pluck out the unwanted hair from your eyebrows. Tweezing can work out very well to maintain the shape of your eyebrows, if you are good enough to create lines that are absolutely symmetrical. You may have to use a makeup pencil to first draw out the desired shape for your eyebrows.
- No cost
- No need for appointment
- Can be Time-consuming if you don’t have the experience
- Needs patience, drawing skills and attention to detail
- Can be Painful
- The result may not be good if you are not symmetrical in drawing lines
- Hair grows back within a week in the same texture
If you have a traditional shaving kit, you can always shave your hair whether it is on your legs or your face.
- Quick and easy
- Low cost
- Blades can be re-used a couple of times
- Can lead to razor burns or redness
- You can get a nick or a cut if you are not too careful
- Hair growth will be heavier and faster after shaving
- Might be expensive if you have to replace blades regularly
- Can lead to in-grown hair
Now that we have understood the pros and cons of various methods of hair removal, let us look at how Laser hair removal is a better option.
Laser Hair Removal:
Laser hair removal is a procedure that involves the use of laser to retard the ability of your hair follicles to grow hair. The beam of light that is passed through the laser is absorbed by the hair follicles and the heat emitted thereby destroys the ability of these hair follicles to grow hair. It works mainly on the hair that is in its active phase of growth.
You may need multiple sessions of treatments to achieve desired results. With each treatment you will find a reduction in the growth of hair. After about 6 to 8 sessions you may not need to go for hair removal at all. This treatment gives you silky smooth skin without any side effects.
Cost is the only factor that stops many from deciding on laser hair removal. However, if you consider the long run, laser hair removal can in fact be very cost-effective. Choosing laser hair removal to get rid of your facial hair may not be that expensive. A couple of sessions of this treatment will ensure you may not need any grooming or facial hair removal sessions any more. If you happen to compare the amount that you may have to spend on regular hair removal sessions throughout your life with the amount that you may have to spend on laser for 6 to 8 sessions you will surely agree that laser is cost-effective.
When compared to waxing, threading, tweezing and shaving, laser hair removal is indeed the best way to get rid of unwanted hair. A consultation session may help you clarify all the queries that you may have about the treatment. You can even go through a few reviews that can give you a fair idea of what you can expect from the treatment. To know more about laser hair removal, please visit: https://www.skinspecialistinbangalore.in/laser-treatments/laser-hair-removal-in-bangalore/