What is Body Contouring?
- Face lifts: These treatments treat sagging of neck, jowls and mid-face
- Breast lifts: To treat and prevent sagging or flattened breasts
- Tummy Tucks: To treat and prevent the excess skin that usually hangs over abdomen after going through a weight loss program
- Lower body lifts: Treatments to deal with sagging buttocks, outer thighs, abdomen and groin
- Medical Thigh Lifts: To treat sagging of outer, mid or inner thighs
- Arm Lifts: To treat sagging upper arms
Why go for Body Contouring?
Body contouring treatments work well if you need a toned appearance after you have gone through a weight loss surgery. The benefits of such treatments are the reason why these treatments have become popular all over the world. Some of these include:
- Improved appearance
- Tightened skin
- Youthful silhouette
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Boosted Confidence
Is it Right for you?
Ideally anyone who has gone for a weight loss treatment can go in for body contouring treatments. However, the stabilization of weight loss is one of the criteria that are considered before starting any of the body contouring treatments. If you are pregnant or lactating it is better to wait for some time until you get back to your normal lifestyle. If you have any kind of medical condition that can impair your healing or increase any risks related to surgeries it is better to avoid any body contouring treatment. If you are a person who smokes you may have to quit smoking before going in for one of these treatments.
How it works?
- General anesthesia or intravenous sedation is given to the patient so as to make him/her comfortable for the procedure
- Incisions are made in the specified area in order to remove excess skin. The length and pattern of these incisions will be determined depending upon the exact location of the area from which the excess skin has to be removed, the judgement of the doctor or the personal preference of the patient.
- The excess skin is removed from these incisions
While certain procedures may be completed in single sessions, there are some that may require multiple sessions.
After the body contouring surgery, we will be applying bandages or dressings to your incisions. In some cases we may even temporarily place a few small thin tubes under your skin so as to drain away any excess fluid or blood that may get collected. Specific instructions will be given to administer care to your surgical sites. Also, we will be prescribing medications that you can take orally or apply on the surgical site to minimize the chances of infections if any. For a few weeks you may have to avoid lifting, bending or straining yourself in any way. You may have to follow all the instructions with great care and make regular visits to the clinic as specified.
Side Effects and Risks:
You will have to carefully analyze the risks and benefits of body contouring surgeries before you go for one. A qualified doctor like Dr. Rashmi would take all the precautions to make sure there are no side effects other than mild bruising, swelling or a slight scar. Nevertheless, in some cases there may be risks such as:
- Bleeding or infection
- Accumulation of fluid
- Delay in healing of wound
- Loss of skin
- Blood clots if any
- Pulmonary embolism
- DVT or deep vein thrombosis
- Scars that may widen
- Risks related to anesthesia
- Contour irregularities or residual skin laxity
You will be informed about any other kind of risk that may be specific to your condition during the consultation session that you attend before going in for the surgery. In such a session it is recommended that you clarify any kind of queries you may have.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi, a qualified dermatologist from Bangalore is a professional who offers many types of body contouring treatment in a safe and effective way. Her vast experience and her dedicated team helps her in taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the treatments do not give rise to any kind of side effects. Her clinic is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that adopts the latest in technology.
Dr. Rashmi is one of the reputed names when it comes to body contouring treatments. The main goal of her team is to improve the appearance of her clients in a satisfactory manner. She has helped many in achieving toned bodies that they have always dreamt of. Most of them are still enjoying the wonderful results that they have obtained from these treatments. Many have also recommended our services to their friends and acquaintances. Reading the reviews on our testimonial page will tell you what our clients think about us.
The cost of body contouring treatments may vary according to your condition, the type of procedure opted for and also the geographic location of the clinic or hospital. The surgeon who will be operating on you will be able to tell you the exact cost of such a treatment after evaluating your condition. Nevertheless, such cost will usually include:
- Medical tests
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital charges for surgical facilities
- Surgeon’s fees
- Post-surgical garments