Know More About Dark Circles
It is not abnormal to find those blue-toned bags under your eyes when you wake up in the morning after a late night. These can make you look aged. There is a reason why these dark circles form only under your eyes. The skin underneath your eye that contains the periorbital skin tissue happens to be the thinnest skin in your body. Also the number of blood vessels that flow beneath your eyes is much higher when compared to the rest of your body. All these capillaries and veins contribute to that purplish or bluish tint that you can see in the dark circles under your eyes. Although these may fade a bit every now and then, they don’t completely disappear unless you go in for some of the cosmetic treatments that are seemingly effective.
Causes of Dark Circles:
Although lack of sleep is one of the main reasons for the appearance of dark circles underneath your eyes, this is not the only reason. The other causes for dark circles include:
- Stress: Stress causes your blood to be directed to your main organs, leaving your face pale and drained out. This creates a contrast between the area underneath your eyes and the rest of your skin, making your dark circles appear even darker.
- Broken capillaries: Since the skin underneath your eyes is the thinnest, the capillaries behind this skin are bound to breaking either because of sun damage or stress. When this happens the blood cells gather under the surface of your skin and tend to get oxidized. This will give the skin under your eyes, a dark purple hue.
- Genetics: You may be more prone to dark circles if it is in your genes. You may have very pale skin naturally and the broken capillaries or dark pigmentation may show more clearly because of this.
- Iron Deficiencies: Anaemia or iron deficiency is another cause for these dark rings. When this happens your haemoglobin gets broken down quite easily, making the skin under your eyes appear bruised and dark.
Treatments for Dark Circles:
Balanced sleep, good skin care and proper nutrition can help you in preventing dark circles. However, you may still get them through genetics. You can hide them behind make-up but if you want to get rid of them you will have to increase the collagen production in your periorbital skin. In certain cases, different combinations of treatments may work best. Yet, these are the standard treatments that well-qualified dermatologists and doctors suggest:
- Dark circle eye creams: These Skin lightening creams contain topical bleaching agents that help in reducing dark circles that are caused by sun damage or melasma. There are many creams that contain Vitamin C & K, licorice, green tea and Kojic acid.
- IPL or Photofacial: Here Intense pulsed light is used to penetrate deep into your skin causing the blood vessels underneath your skin to constrict, reducing your pigmentation, age lines and redness. Within weeks you will start seeing results and the discomfort you may feel during the treatment is minimal. This works well when the blood vessels under your eyes are visible as blue or purple dark circles.
- Chemical Peels: A mild chemical solution is applied to your skin to remove pigmentation and give your skin a brighter and radiant look. This procedure also stimulates your collagen production, leaving your eyes bright for a longer period of time.
- Laser Skin resurfacing: A few layers of the skin under your eyes will be removed through laser to give you a fresher and rejuvenated look without any dark circles. This procedure will also help you get rid of your wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots and acne, while stimulating the production of collagen in your skin.
- Hyaluronic acid facial fillers: These are injectable fillers that contain hyaluronic acid. These will first thin down the skin under your eye and then restore volume to your upper cheek area.
- Fat injections: Your own fat can be used to fill your under eye area if you want permanent results. Such fat will be grafted from another area of your body and then injected into the skin underneath your eyes.
- Surgery: Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is a permanent solution for your dark circles if you are fine with surgical treatments.
- Cheek lift: This procedure can correct your dark circles permanently by reducing the puffiness under your eyes and working on those deep nasolabial folds.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi is a qualified dermatologist who offers a lot of treatments to help people get rid of their dark circles permanently. She has vast experience in treating various kinds of skin disorders. She has invested in state-of-the-art facilities and latest technology equipment in her clinic at Bangalore so that she can cater to all kinds of requirements. She has a specialized team to assist her in every way in achieving her objectives. She takes all precautions so as not to cause any side effects and offers excellent after-care facilities.
Dr. Rashmi has worked on many clients and helped them get rid of their dark circles in the easiest and safest way. She can help you too. If you need more information you can go through the reviews that are written by our clients on our testimonial page. This will give you firsthand information about what you can expect from us and how soon.
The type of treatment you go for determines the amount of money that you will have to spend on your dark circle treatment. Apart from this, there are other factors such as:
- The severity of your condition
- The result that you want to achieve
- The time within which you want to see results
- Whether you are looking for temporary results or permanent
- The doctor that you choose
- The location of the clinic
You can take an appointment with Dr.Rashmi and avail a consultation session absolutely free. During this session you will understand all that there is to know about dark circle treatment.