What are Fillers?
- Hyaluronic acid filler injections (Captique, Juvederm, Restylane): These are generally used to reduce the facial lines and wrinkles. This comes in a gel form which when injected acts as an inflated cushion that supports the facial tissues and structures. This help in gaining back the elasticity or volume that you may have lost during the process of your aging. Also, it brings water to the surface of your skin which makes it look supple and fresh.Off late, there are many synthetic forms of hyaluronic acid that are used to treat various disorders in ophthalmology, rheumatology and even wound repairs. They also help in face augmentation.
- Bovine collagen injections like Zyplast and Zyderm:Zyplast and Zyderm have been approved by the FBA as safe collagen treatments to correct cosmetic issues, in the USA. They contain pure bovine collagen that can be used in more than a million kinds of treatments. Zyderm I is used to treat superficial wrinkles and fine lines and Zyderm II can treat moderate wrinkles and scarring. Zyplast is used on severe scarring and wrinkling as it has glutaraldehyde, which is an organic compound that is colorless.
- Autologous fat transfer:Autologous fat transfer or Microlipoinjection is a process by which fat from your own body is taken to plump up the emaciated or sunken areas of your face and add the much desired volume. There are three steps in this. First excess fat is removed from your body through gentle liposuction. Then it is cleansed and the fat cells are isolated. Finally these fat cells are injected into the facial areas that are targeted.
- Sculptra or Poly-L-lactic acid injection fillers:These are excellent treatments to treat facial fat losses or what is known as facial lipoatrophy.Once this gets injected into the facial skin, it leads to thickening of skin through collagen neo-synthesis. This enhances the appearances of skin folds and the sunken areas, hiding the fat loss in the best way possible. The effects last for about two years or so. It is also known as liquid facelift as it adds volume to the cheek and malar areas, lifting the sagging areas of an atrophic face.
- Radiesse or Calcium hydroxylapatite:Radiesse is an injectable gel that is used to add volume to your face, while reducing your wrinkles as well as folds. This gel is made of tiny CaHA or calcium hydroxylapatatite particles that are suspended within carboxymethylcellulose gel. These ingredients are non-allergenic and safe. Apart from smoothening wrinkles, Radiesse also stimulates the production of collagen, which is required to achieve youthful looking skin.
- Artefill or Microscopic plastic beads in bovine collagen gel:Artefill is a combination of microscopic particles of PMMA that are suspended within bovine collagen gel. This is considered as a dermal filler that can provide permanent support structure, which can help people endure wrinkle correction. Even if the collagen wears away the plastic beads would remain in the skin forever. It works initially by reducing the appearance of folds and wrinkles. Then as collagen starts getting absorbed, the microspheres start stimulating the production of collagen which then starts binding with these PMMA microspheres increasing the endurance for wrinkle correction.
It is important to find a qualified and experienced doctor like Dr.Rashmi so that you know the fillers used are safe and authentic. Also, such a doctor will be able to assess your condition and choose the perfect treatment for you.
Why go for Fillers?
Compared to many other kinds of treatments injectable fillers can work out really safe and beneficial for you.
- Low-Cost: You will get a youthful appearance by spending a fraction of what you may have to spend on traditional facelift jobs.
- Faster treatment: It takes about 15 to 30 minutes to get filler injections and this will remove your wrinkles and fine lines as soon as that.
- Lasting results: While many treatments work only for six months or so, the results of injectable fillers last about a year or so.
- Complete disappearance of the trouble spots: Unlike wrinkle reduction that only relaxes the muscle that lies under a wrinkle, injectable fillers actually fill your lines and creases, making the trouble spots disappear completely.
- Adds Volume: Injectable fillers can very well add volume to your cheeks, temples, jawlines, lips and even hands. This will make you look a lot more younger.
Uses of Fillers:
- Reducing Wrinkles, fine lines or creases
- Filling thin lips and making them appear plumper
- Adding Volume to sunken areas of your face
- Enhancing the appearance of pitted scars
- Softening the facial skin and making it look supple and fresh
Is it Right for you?
Fillers are quite safe for anyone who has developed early signs of aging. You may be one of the best candidates for filler injections if you are:
- A healthy person
- A person who does not smoke
- A person with a positive outlook who is geared towards improving his/her appearance
Your doctor may be able to tell better if this is the right treatment for you. The results vary from one person to another. While fillers may work for a few, a few may be advised to go for surgeries such as eye lifts, brow lifts or face lifts.
How it works?
Injectable fillers are minimally invasive procedures that are very fast methods to treat wrinkles and fine lines. The procedure goes as follows:
- The skin is numbed using a local anesthetic so that you don’t feel the pain caused by the injection
- Then the filler is injected into the targeted areas of your face using a thin needle
The entire procedure will not take more than 15 to 30 minutes. However in some cases repeat sessions may be required to achieve the targeted results. These sessions nevertheless are spaced out by a couple of weeks.
There is no recovery time for injectable fillers. You can resume to your normal activities once you have received your injection. You may require a cold compress if you feel any kind of discomfort after the treatment. It is good to attend the repeat sessions as instructed by your doctor to make sure there are no side effects which might harm your skin permanently. These sessions will make sure you enjoy a youthful appearance for a longer period of time.
Side Effects and Risks:
Injectable filler is a treatment that is easy and fast. However, it is better to check your skin for any kind of allergic reactions just to be on the safer side. At times, there may be some bumps under your skin. These need to be closely monitored so as to find out if they are temporary or permanent by nature. In rare cases patients come across the Tyndall effect which is a bluish skin discoloration. There are treatments that can prevent or cure such a color change. In case you do not go for a good dermatologist your skin cells may start dying. In some cases a bad decision has even led to nerve paralysis or blindness.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi from Bangalore can help you with these. She is a well-qualified dermatologist who has a lot of experience in offering various kinds of cosmetic treatments to improve the appearance of her clients. Filler injections are one of her specialties. She has used them on many to give them fuller lips, a wrinkle-less face and a flaw-less appearance. She has invested in state-of-the-art equipment that uses the most sophisticated technology so that she can cater to all requirements of all kinds of clients. She has a trained and specialized team that is completely dedicated and committed to serve her clients. The After-care and maintenance services offered are aimed at extending the results of the treatments and minimizing the side effects.
Many clients have availed injectable filler treatments from Dr. Rashmi and her team. They have all experienced extreme satisfaction from the treatments and are still enjoying the results. This has made them recommend our services to their friends, family members and co-workers. Some of them have even written excellent reviews that you can read on our testimonial page.
The exact cost of the treatment depends upon your condition, the number of sessions required and the type of filler suggested. A complete evaluation of your skin can tell you the exact amount that you may have to spend. You can avail a free consultation by calling us and booking an appointment with Dr.Rashmi.