What is Microdermabrasion?
This will improve the appearance of your skin in a better manner. It is much safer when compared to dermabrasion and much more effective too.
Why go for Microdermabrasion?
If you do not want to go for any surgical or chemical treatments to get rid of your fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, scars, uneven pigmentation, clogged pores and other skin texture problems, microdermabrasion is an excellent alternative.
- No Recovery Time: It is only a spray that is done during microdermabrasion and as such it requires no recovery time. Therefore, it is treated as a lunch-time procedure
- Faster results: Once the old layer of skin comes out, you will be free of your fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, scars and so on, in no time at all. The new layer of skin that forms will be rich in elastin and collagen, enhancing your appearance in an even better way.
- Lasting results: Once the outermost layer of your skin comes out and the next skin forms you will not see any fine lines, wrinkles or age spots unless your skin reduces the production of elastin and collagen
- No side effects: The crystals that are used in the procedure are non-allergenic and the treatment has absolutely no side effects
Uses of Microdermabrasion:
- Eliminates black heads and age spots
- Evens out patches of darkened or pigmented skin
- Exfoliates your skin to give you a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance
- Minimizes stretch marks
- Reduces Wrinkles and Fine Lines
- Eliminates clogged or enlarged pores
- Treats scars that are left by acne and minimizes acne
Is it Right for you?
Although Microdermabrasion is a safe technique to eliminate wrinkles, fine lines and age spots, it may not work well for everyone. It depends a lot on your skin type and condition, which will be explained better by a qualified dermatologist like Dr.Rashmi. If it doesn’t suit you it might even result in some amount of scarring. It is advisable not to go for microdermabrasion if you are suffering from any of these conditions given below:
- Active Acne
- Severe Rosacea
How it works?
Microdermabrasion is a very mildly abrasive technique to remove dead skin cells, fine lines and wrinkles. Most patients relate this to a kind of facial massage which is why the procedure is also known as “the lunch-time facial”
- A hand piece that contains tiny microcrystals or aluminum oxide crystals is placed on the skin that is to be treated and the stream of crystals is sprayed onto your skin.
- These crystals start exfoliating your skin, while the suction created from the procedure takes care of eliminating the extra crystals and the skin debris.
- As this happens you might come across a slight warming sensation that might feel like a facial massage
The entire procedure will take about 30 to 60 minutes. Nevertheless, multiple sessions may be required to stimulate and fasten the production of elastin and collagen and the new layer of skin
There is no recovery time when it comes to microdermabrasion. You may not even feel any discomfort from the procedure other than a little warming sensation. You may find your skin in pink just after the treatment but this will become alright in just a few hours. You can even choose to apply some makeup to conceal this pinkness. However, it is important not to let your skin exposed to the sun for a few days starting from the day of the procedure. In case you have to go out in the sun, you need to make sure you apply a sun screen lotion. Repeated sessions are required to extend the results of the procedure and improve its effectiveness.
Side Effects and Risks:
Microdermabrasion is an absolutely safe treatment that has absolutely no side effects. The crystals that are used are also non-allergenic and cause no harm, whatever type your skin may be. Yet, if you come across any kind of skin irritation after the procedure, it can be treated by some topical lotions or creams that may be prescribed by your doctor. In case you do not find any improvement, the treatment may not work for you as it is supposed to. In such cases your doctor may advise you alternative treatments.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi, a well-qualified and experienced dermatologist from Bangalore can help you with getting Microdermabrasion treatment. She has treated many clients with different kinds of problems related to skin, hair and body fat successfully. She has invested in the most sophisticated equipment to make sure she can achieve all her objectives without any difficulties. Also, she has a specialized team that works under her that takes all kinds of precautions, not to cause any kind of side effects to her patients. Here is all the information you may need about Microdermabrasion before you make your decision on the treatment.
Dr.Rashmi has treated many clients through microdermabrasion and most of them have experienced extremely satisfactory results from the treatment. Some of them have recommended our services to many of their relatives and friends while a few others have expressed their satisfaction by writing positive reviews about our services, which you can read on our testimonial page.
The exact amount of money that you may have to spend upon your microdermabrasion treatment depends on many things such as the quantity of microdermabrasion your skin requires, the number of sessions you may need, the physician’s charges, the geographical location of your clinic and so on. Nevertheless, it is much more affordable when compared to many other treatments such as face lifts etc. You can avail a free consultation from Dr.Rashmi by calling us and booking an appointment at your convenient time. During this session, your skin will be completely assessed, the right treatment prescribed and you will also know the exact amount that you may have to spend for such a treatment.