Advanced Laser Treatment for Skin Pigmentation
Sometimes your skin might start producing excess quantities of melanin or the skin pigment that might appear like dark localized patches on your skin. Normally these patches are not raised as hyperpigmentation often occurs underneath the top layer of your skin. While various other treatments such as topical creams and medicines may fade away these patches, they are usually not successful in eliminating them completely. Also these results are usually short lived. However, if you need an effective cure that will eliminate these pigmentation patches completely, laser is one of the best ways to go.
Types of Lasers treatments for Skin Pigmentation
- Q-Switched ND: Yag Laser:This is a non-ablative laser that is specifically designed to treat pigmentation patches. This emits light at a certain wavelength which is absorbed selectively by pigment cells. The heat that is caused through this, damages the cells that contain pigment. Once the damaged cells are cleared from the site, the skin will be lightened. As the discomfort here is very minimal, it may not even need the application of an anesthetic cream prior to the procedure
- CO2 or Carbon Dioxide Laser:CO2 laser is an ablative method that vaporizes the pigmented cells. Here the top most layer of your skin is peeled off and the underlying layer is heated up to damage and clear the pigmented cells. Although the recovery time in this treatment is more, one single session might be good enough to help you get rid of your pigmentation issues.
- Erbium: Yag Laser: Erbium may be a better treatment when compared to CO2 as the wavelength it uses helps the cutaneous tissues to absorb the light efficiently. The degree of ablation here is lesser and the damage thereby is minimal. Therefore, the down time required is also much lesser than CO2 laser.
- Ruby Laser:Ruby laser makes use of a ruby crystal as its medium and produces light that is deep red in color. Optical pumping is used to activate and energize the ruby rod. The light thus emitted is absorbed by the skin’s chromophores and the heat produced will damage the damaged cells. This treatment works well for tattoo removal too.
- Thullium Fraxel Laser: This treatment works directly on the brown pigment of the skin. The light emitted from this laser, first breaks up this pigment and then causes the skin that contains these pigmented cells to shed as fast as possible. You might initially observe your skin getting darker with pigmented areas appearing more pronounced. However, once the top layer of your skin peels off, you will achieve an evenly toned skin. It is advisable to avoid exposure to sun after this treatment.
- Alexandrite Laser:Alexandrite laser uses the process of photothermolysis to treat skin pigmentation. This is a combination of light and heat that is powerful enough to destroy the lesion and precise enough not to cause any kind of damage to the surrounding areas. Apart from treating skin pigmentation, Alexandrite laser works very well for vascular lesions, tattoo removal and hair removal.
Why go for Laser for skin pigmentation?
Laser is a permanent treatment for skin pigmentation. While destroying the pigmented cells completely, laser also stimulates the production of collagen in a very natural way. This not only helps you achieve an evenly toned skin, it also lets you enjoy the benefits of youthful looking skin without any age spots, wrinkles or fine lines, for a longer period of time. The benefits associated with laser for skin pigmentationinclude:
- Quick Results: Laser helps in peeling off the top layer of your skin in the fastest way possible. It also expedites the process of healing by stimulating the production of collagen.With Laser you can expect seeing results just a week or so after the treatment and it keeps on improving as you go. Multiple sessions may however be required according to the treatment you choose and your skin type.
- Better Results: Laser is a sort of all-in-one treatment for your skin as it repairs the skin tissues instead of just working on the symptoms. As a result, you not only get rid of your pigmentation patches, you will also be free of your fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne scars and sun damage. You get to enjoy flawless, youthful and glowing skin for a long period of time.
- Quality care: If you choose a good well-qualified and well-experienced dermatologist you get to enjoy quality care when you undergo laser treatment for skin pigmentation. Any kind of side effects will be taken care off immediately without giving rise to any kind of complications. Also efforts will be taken to extend the results for a longer period of time through multiple sessions and maintenance.
Is it Right for you?
Laser treatments generally work for all skin types and a good dermatologist should be able to tell you if you are the right candidate for the treatment. However, it is better to avoid going for it if in case you are:
- Pregnant or a lactating mother: In both these cases it is very important to take good care of yourself and your baby. Also the hormone levels may vary during these phases of your life which might make it difficult for such treatments to work.
- Are suffering from Active Acne:If you have decided to go for laser, Active Acne might make it very painful for you. If you still go ahead, you may have to face certain unwanted side effects that might even worsen your condition.
- Skin Infections or Allergies:Although Laser treatments may not give rise to any side effects any kind of skin infections or allergies may aggravate your symptoms. It is always better to get these things treated before going in for a laser treatment.
Our Experienced Team:
If you are looking for a well-qualified dermatologist with vast experience in providing laser treatments to treat skin pigmentation, you are at the right spot. Dr. Rashmi can help you. Based in Bangalore, Dr. Rashmi has a clinic that is well-equipped with sophisticated equipment that uses latest technology to treat all kinds of cases effectively. Her team of specialists will make sure all precautions are taken so as to not give rise to any kind of unwanted side effects. Here is some more information you may want to read about laser for pigmentation:
Dr. Rashmi has treated many clients and helped them get rid of their pigmentation patches, leaving them with an evenly toned, youthful looking and glowing skin. Most of these people are extremely satisfied with the results of such treatments and have recommended our services to their friends. Some have even written a few reviews that we have put up on our testimonial page. Going through these will give you first-hand information about what you can expect from our services.
Laser treatments may work out expensive; but if you consider the long-term results, you will find them to be very cost-effective. There are treatments where in one session may be enough and there are others that may need about three to six sessions to work. Nevertheless, since laser treatments guarantee a permanent cure for your skin problems it is really worth your money. The cost might vary from doctor to doctor and place to place and the exact cost might only be determined after considering things like the type of treatment you choose, your skin type and the number of sessions you may need. It is best to call us and fix an appointment with Dr. Rashmi, who can tell you all this during your free consultation session.