Know More About Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing works well for various kinds of skin problems such as acne, aging, sun spots, scars, fine lines and wrinkles, giving you youthful rejuvenated skin. It works by removing the damaged layer of the skin with great precision. The laser used here focuses towards dissolving the molecular bonds of the affected skin cells, going down layer by layer, till an even skin tone is achieved. By stimulating the production of collagen, it causes the newly formed skin to give your skin a tightened finish.This procedure is also called laser peel and laser skin rejuvenation.
How does Laser Skin Resurfacing work?
Laser skin resurfacing can be used to treat your skin problems individually or even your entire face. It is an out-patient procedure that can be performed in a dermatologist’s clinic. The procedure goes as follows:
- A local anesthetic would be first applied to numb the affected area. In case you want your entire face to be treated, you will be given general anesthesia.
- Then a special laser is used to actually perform the procedure of laser skin resurfacing. Through a precise as well as controlled beam of laser light, this laser vaporizes the outer layers of your skin, revealing a smooth and youthful skin underneath. As it removes the old layers of your skin, it also stimulates the growth of your new skin cells
- The area that is treated will be bandaged and you need to keep it that way for a period of 24 hours. After this you will have to wash the treated area and apply an ointment prescribed by your dermatologist to prevent any kind of scabs from forming.
- If there is any swelling, your doctor might prescribe a few steroids temporarily. Using an extra pillow while sleeping might also get the swelling down.
If you want to treat just a part of your face, the treatment may last for about half an hour or so. For full-face treatment, you may have to go through two hours of treatment, after which you get completely rejuvenated skin.
Types of Laser skin resurfacing treatments
- Carbon Dioxide (Co2 ) Laser: This type of laser skin resurfacing works well on people who have lighter skin. It is excellent for treating scars. It is usually a one-time procedure that produces amazing results if performed correctly. By stimulating the production of thermal collagen in a controlled manner, it gives you tightened and rejuvenated skin within a short span of time. The downtime required may depend on your skin type and your problems.
- Erbium Laser: This is the option you should go for if you have dark skin. It is much better than CO2 laser as the side effects are minimal. The downtime required is also much lesser here. It will not cause much harm to the surrounding tissues of your skin.
- Pixel Laser Resurfacing:This treatment treats your skin area by area using thousands of microscopic tiny laser spots that are passed through an optic lens. These are absorbed by the affected cells of your skin converting it into thermal energy. This heat focuses on destroying the affected cells and correcting your skin problems, giving you a texture that you will love forever. Multiple sessions may be required to give you a completely rejuvenated skin that will last for a very long period of time. This procedure results in faster results with minimal downtime.
- Fraxel Laser Resurfacing: Fractional photothermolysis is used here which involves the placement of hundreds of laser columns that go deep into the layers of your skin. The number of sessions you may require depends on your skin type and your scar type. However, the results would be excellent and fast with minimal or no down-time
Why go for Laser for skin resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing is quite popular among people who want to get rid of their aging signs, sun spots, scars and more. The benefits here include:
- Quicker Results
- Faster Recovery
- Professional Care
Is it Right for you?
If you have non-oily and elastic skin that is not really prone to scarring after minor injuries, you may be the ideal candidate for laser skin resurfacing. However, it is very important that you consult your dermatologist to find out if you are the right candidate for the treatment. In any case, you may not be a good candidate for laser skin resurfacing if you are:
- Suffering from Active Acne
- Having any kind of skin infections or allergies
Our Experienced Team:
If you want your Laser skin resurfacing treatment to be effective without any kind of side effects, it is very important to choose a qualified dermatologist who is well-experienced in providing such treatments. Dr. Rashmi is one such dermatologist who has a vast experience in treating many kinds of cosmetic problems. Her clinic in Bangalore is well-equipped with sophisticated equipment that uses the latest technology to make sure the treatments administered are 100% successful. She has a specialized team that works under here to help her achieve her objectives.
Dr.Rashmi has worked on many clients, making sure they get absolutely rejuvenated skin free from all kinds of flaws. Most of them have been extremely satisfied with our treatments and have gone that extra mile to recommend our services to their relatives and friends. Some have even written a few reviews about the quality of our treatments, which we have put up on our testimonial page for you to go through.
There are many things to consider before you can get to know the exact amount that you may have to spend on your laser skin resurfacing treatment. These include the doctor fees, the location of the clinic, skin type, scar type, the type of treatment prescribed and so on. Calling our clinic and fixing an appointment with Dr. Rashmi will help you avail a free consultation session during which you will know everything there is to know about laser skin resurfacing and it’s pricing.