Is your skin tanned at different areas?
Do you want get that tan removed in an easy and effective way?
Get in touch with Dr.Rashmi in Bangalore!
Dr. Rashmi is a well-qualified and experienced dermatologist from Bangalore, who has treated various clients with different kinds of skin disorders in a safe and effective way. She has invested in sophisticated equipment for her clinic so that there will be no problems when it comes to administering treatments. She also has a specialized team that works under her to help her take all sorts of necessary precautions so that there are no side effects either during or after the treatment. Given below is some information about tan removal that might prove useful to you:
About Tan Removal
Exposure to harmful UV radiation of the sun leads to an increase in the production of melanin in your skin. Melanin refers to the pigment in your skin that gives color to your eyes, hair as well as skin. This increase in melanin will cause your skin to darken in a period of about 48 hours. Melanin protects your skin from further damage by offering a sun protection factor from 2 to 4. However, the minimum SPF that is recommended to be applied to your skin before it is exposed to the sun is at least 15. Therefore there is a need to take the necessary precautions before going out in the sun. Also, you need to do something about removing the tan that has darkened your skin; if not, it is known to increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
Symptoms of sun tan:
Although sun tan may appear as dark patches of skin, it is not just skin-deep. The symptoms of sun damage are:
- Dry skin: Once your skin is tanned it becomes dry and flaky. Wrinkles and fine lines may also occur due to premature aging that gets triggered off by sun damage. You might even come across some amount of itching on your dry skin.
- Sunburn:When exposed to sun for a long time you might come across mild sunburns that may cause redness and some pain in certain areas of the skin. You may even find some boundary lines on the areas of the skin that have been protected by your bathing suit, shorts or shirt sleeves. In case of severe sunburns you might find painful blisters and may even come across some amount of dizziness and nausea.
- Actinic keratosis: At times you may find a few small bumps that feel like sandpaper or certain patches of scaly skin which may even have a sharp surface or jagged appearance. Such areas may even have a yellow, pink, brown or reddish tint. It might even seem like a pimple initially. In rare cases actinic keratosis might feel tender or itchy too.
- Changes in the levels of collagen: collagen changes may lead to deep wrinkles, fine lines, bruises and thick skin texture.
Treatments for skin tightening:
Although avoiding exposure to sun and applying sun blocking lotion just before going out in the skin can keep away sun tan for some time, there are a few treatments that can help you get rid of your existing tan completely. However, it is always better to consult a dermatologist and find out which treatment is right for you.
- Light Chemical Peels: The upper layers of your damaged or dead skin will be removed by applying a chemical solution on your face. This solution also stimulates the production of collagen and boosts the growth of your new skin cells. This treatment works well for acne, fine lines, uneven pigmentation and chronic dry skin. Nevertheless, the ingredients that are used in the chemical solution depend upon your skin condition and requirements.
- Intense Pulsed Light (Photofacial): Here an intense pulsed-light is used to treat facial redness, spider veins, broken capillaries and brown spots. The light used here is quite bright and is at a high energy level. Although it may not be painful, there will be a certain amount of discomfort.
- ALA-PDT (aminolevulanic acid-photodynamic therapy): This involves the administration of a photosensitizer by applying aminolevulanic acid topically, in order to target the affected skin cells and then activating the photosensitizer by directing light of a specific wave length towards the target tissues. As this works in a very selective way, minimum damage is caused to the surrounding tissues.
- V-Beam Laser: This is actually a pulsed-dye laser that targets the affected cells, heats them up and causes them to collapse. Then a cooling spray is applied to reduce the discomfort or pain. Depending upon the severity of your condition several sessions may be required.
- Microdermabrasion:A spray of microcrystals are used to remove the upper layers of your skin that contain dead or dry cells in this procedure. This treatment also stimulates your collagen production, giving you rejuvenated and refreshing skin.
The cost of your tan removal treatment cannot be estimated exactly unless the following things are determined:
- The type of treatment you need to go for
- The result that you want to achieve and how fast
- The doctor or the clinic
- The Number of sessions you may require
- Maintenance costs of the treatment
Alternatively, you can call us at our clinic and then fix up an appointment for a free consultation session with Dr. Rashmi. You will know everything about the treatment during this session.
Dr. Rashmi has worked on many clients and administered effective treatments for sun damage, helping them enjoy rejuvenated and refreshed skin. Many of these people have been extremely satisfied with the results of the treatments and have even recommended our services to their friends and relatives. Some have even written a few reviews to appreciate the quality of our services. We have put up some of these on our testimonial page for your reference.
Your satisfaction is the only thing that matters to us!