Are you tired of pimples popping up on your face every now and then?
You don’t have to be anymore. Nu Cosmetic Clinic offers many kinds of treatments to help you get rid of pimples. After a thorough assessment by our dermatologist, you will be suggested the right treatment depending upon your skin type and condition. We try our best to help you achieve desired results and enjoy smooth, blemish-free skin that glows
Pimples, zits or spots, refer to tiny inflammations or skin lesions that develop when the pores of your skin get clogged due to over-production of sebum by your sebaceous glands. At times they can also get swollen, infected and filled with pus. You may come across pimples on various parts of your body such as your face, chest, shoulders and back. The main reason for pimples is hormone dysregulation, which is why they are so common with teenagers. Pimples may also breakout before menstruation. Certain type of bacteria also might cause pimples.
Types of Pimples
Studies say that about 80% of the teenagers will come across pimples at some point of time in their lives. However, only about 30% may actually need treatment due to the severity of their condition. The main types of pimples that you may come across include:
- White Heads: These are the flesh colored papules that you see on your skin. These are also called closed comedo. These are generally very small and tend to remain under your skin.
- Blackheads: The dark brown or black spots that you can see on your skin are called blackheads or open comedo. These occur due to the oxidation of your skin pigment which is the melanin. People tend to mistake these for dirt and try to scrub their faces to get rid of them. However, this may not actually solve the problem apart from irritating your skin.
- Papules: Those pink round bumps that you see on your skin are called papules. They are small and solid.
- Pustules: These are the ones that lead to a lot of pain and irritation. They are filled with pus. They are usually red at the base with pus on top. They generally have a very prominent appearance on your skin.
- Nodules: Although similar to papules, nodules are much larger and even painful. They are generally embedded very deep into your skin.
- Cysts: Cysts are painful pimples that are filled with pus. These are the ones that generally cause scars.
Treatment Options for Pimples
Presence of pimples on the face can cause a whole lot of embarrassment and anxiety. In fact many teenagers even go to depression because of pimples. Although there are many over-the-counter medications, they do not really work in all cases. In case yours is a very severe case it is better you consult a dermatologist at the earliest. We, at Nu Cosmetic Clinic, are well-equipped to help our clients get rid of pimples. We offer various treatments such as:
- Chemical peels: Chemical peel is a non-surgical non-invasive and pain-free procedure where in a chemical solution is applied on to the surface of your skin. This will start blistering after a while, as it exfoliates your skin and removes the outer layers that are affected by pimples and blemishes. Once this solution is peeled off your face, the new skin that is revealed will be absolutely smooth, fresh, rejuvenated and blemish-free. In most of the cases multiple treatment sessions would be required to achieve desired results.
- Microdermabrasion: Another safe non-invasive non-surgical and painless procedure to get rid of pimples is Microdermabrasion. This involves the spraying of thousands of microcrystals on to the surface of your skin. Once the crystals exfoliate your skin by removing the outer layers, a mild suction is performed to clean away the skin debris along with the left over crystals. This is a lunch-time procedure that needs no time to recover from. It will gently stimulate the collagen in your skin and leads to fresh, smooth and rejuvenated skin over time. You may however need to go for multiple sessions as instructed by your dermatologist.
- Laser treatment: If you don’t mind paying a little extra to get assured results, you can go for Laser to get your pimples treated. At Nu Cosmetic Clinic we offer various kinds of laser treatments to suit different skin types and conditions. A laser is passed over your skin through which a highly concentrated light is emitted. This light is absorbed by the melanin that is present in your skin cells. Once this happens, the light gets converted into heat and destroys the damaged skin cells, leaving your skin silky smooth and blemish-free. A couple of sessions should give you excellent skin that you can enjoy for life.
You can go through a few reviews that are written by people who have undergone these treatments and you can also see their before-and-after images to see what you are getting into. Once you are convinced, just give us a call or send us an email to get in touch with our experts.